Wednesday, March 6, 2013

UnderEmployed

So I'm totally addicted to this new show on MTV called 'UnderEmployed'. It talks about a group of friends, who graduate from college. with huge hopes and expectations, but then enter the real life...and get a reality check. Money, babies, rent, lesbians, sexuality, tough bosses, etcetera. This show is so great, and FUNNY. The situations they get themselves in to are hilarious at times. But also somewhat akward. I've been watching the episodes online for the past 4 hours...and i'm totally hooked. Just saw the part where Sophia tells her parents that she's a lesbian..and they storm out the restaurant. So sad!

But it gives me a reality check as well. This means that life doesn't always turn out like you planned it. They're s a plan for each individual. It's just waiting for the right time for everything to go down as it's supposed to. Falling in love, moving in together, getting your first job, getting fired, quitting your job, not having enough money to pay the rent, asking money from ur parents, all the crappy stuff in life, happen for a reason, but it's also the best feeling ever. Twenties are the best years in somebody's life. You get to choose your destination, by the choices you make. You are in control. And frankly anything is possible. You just have to go out and do it. Sure it's scary, but here's the thing, if it isn't scaring you..it probably isn't a big enough dream. I'm currently living together with my boyfriend, in Antwerp. I'm unemployed for the record, but I'm actually trying really hard to create my destiny, the one I wanted all along. And that is being independent. A business woman, having my own business. My boyfriend pays for most of our costs, and my parents pay my share of the rent. Do I feel good about it? no, I hate it. But it's just something life has got me doing. This is the plan..soon something is gonna happen, and its gonna be just right..and all of this hard work and late nights laying awake in bed, going over everything in my head, is gonna pay off. It really is. It has to.

But great show, definitely an eye opener. Funny, charming, real, especially that, real.

Be sure to check it out.







No comments:

Post a Comment

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK - OR JUST LEAVE ME A LITTLE NOTE.. RIGHT HERE. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY BLOG. APPRECIATE IT.