Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dream Dare Fly!

Well, I wanted to do a post on how I got a little closer to the amazing program ' The Ultimate dance battle'. Some time ago, I contacted an old friend of mine, to check if she was interested in doing a shoot with me, for my portfolio. She said yes, and added, that she auditioned for 'Tudb'..and got in. As we are both dancers, me not so much anymore these days ;) , but I could understand her excitement. So I did the shoot with her..in the month time she had off..Two weeks after that, she contacted me, if I was interested in styling a promoshoot for her team..also known as TEAM VINCENT, or the inVINCEables. Offcourse I jumped to the opportunity, because i'm a huge fan, of Vincent Vianen's choreography's, and the ultimate dance battle. So I contacted my good friend Vingt cents..briljant photographer..and my girl Nanja from M a s s y creations, to help me out. Together we pulled it off, and it was an amazing shootingday! What made it so special for me was.. the night before... I got the green light, that everything was good, and that they were actually coming. But I did not have any sizes, I did not know, who was going to be there.. So the next morning, I headed in to leuven, ran to the H&M, and in only two hours got myself, a bunch of clothes..I texted Sarah for the sizes, which I got, and THEN I found out, that Vincent, was going to be there as well. Turned out, they were all in Belgium, training for their upcoming liveshows. To make a long story short, I spent a lot of money on that shoot, but it was so worth it. That experience, showed me, that I was strong enough, to take on all most everything..as long as I put my mind to it. We had an amazing day, we ended up on a rooftop, in the city of Leuven..sun going down..it was breathtaking. I had to pinch myself several times. I want to thank Sarah Mancini, as well..for giving me the opportunity, to shine..and get myself out there like that. Also Vingt cents & Nanja, you did an amazing job. Stressy times, but we did it. To end on a less moochy tone, Team Vincent, actually WON the competition. They are the winners of 'The ultimate dance battle' 2012! I was so happy, because I was really rooting for them, I did not get to know them in that short time..but we have a lot in common..we all have dreams. We all dare to take a leap of faith, try out our luck, and see where it takes us. We dream, we dare and we fly. Such a talented team, hard workers, and so motivated. That's why they are the most allround dance team of 2012. For those who are interested, they are planning a tour throughout the Netherlands, with their team, and several other guest dancers. I hope they'll make it to belgium, because I will be front row, cheering them.. and their dreams on.

Here are some of the pictures..taken that day. enjoy. And show some support for these awesome people, that I was so lucky to meet, and share a lovely experience with.