Tuesday, September 17, 2013

AW 2013-14 TRENDS

So I'm not someone who follows trends just because they're trends, and everybody loves them. For instance, I hate the phrase..PINK IS THE NEW BLACK... no it isn't! Black is the new and old black. Black is black..and it's one of my favorite colors. YES It's a color!

But that being said, here are some of the trends I can appreciate..and will focus on this Fall/Winter.

GRUNGE 

What I love is the use of fabrics..the lace, mixed with the bright red tartan, the girly like dresses combined with an edgy boot..the ripped jeans for men, this collection is def something I would want to wear. Feeling it.

from left to right : Emilio Pucci - Rodarte - Saint Laurent
Saint Laurent

Saint Laurent


Saint Laurent

Saint Laurent

WINTER WHITE 

White is hot this Autumn/Winter.. And I love it. Nothing says cosy more than a winter wonderland-like outfit. Add layering, and different fabrics like leather or mohair to make it edgy. My personal favorite is the Tibi collection. So elegant, and sophisticated yet still a lot of edge. POWER.

Nicole Farhi

Mulberry

Elie Saab

Tibi

METALLIC 

YES so fierce!! metallic is huuuuge this winter.. it's so easy working with this trend...because you can turn a simple outfit into a fierce one, with just an accent accessory. Think a silver clutch, or shoes..the possibilities are endless. have fun with it.

Diesel Black Gold

Diesel Black Gold

Balmain

From left to right: ChloéAnthony Vaccarello and Paco Rabanne

TARTAN 

So Tartan has been around for ages..but is reliving it's popularity this Autumn/Winter. It can be rather cliché looking..when you wear an over shirt..and are a fan of the lumberjack look.  A more traditional uniform look at Moschino is not really something I would wear personally, but I appreciate the thought and eye for detail. I was especially surprised by the Michael Kors look...fresh shapes and fits...different prints combined with Tartan together in one outfit...I think it really works.

Michael Kors

Moschino



FLUFFY 

It's so fluffaaaaayyyyyy! Different colors, different styles..you have the sleeveless styles at Derek Lam, which are a nice add on to an edgy look... or the mint fluf at Pucci, which is filled with feminine energy and elegance...Although I would never consider wearing real fur, because I love animals too much..and the video's I've watched on how they kill them are in my head forever...BUT it does look good...and there's always something like FAUX FUR which I'm a huge fan of. At least I can think happy thoughts while wearing it.

Fur at Pucci

Haider Ackermann

Derek Lam

Prada

Alexander Wang


LEATHER

Leather works, it just does. A wardrobe must is a good leather jacket. You have the tailored version at Haider Ackermann, or the oversized coat at Prada. Oversized coats do not work on my body, because I look like a friggin midget. But I think there's nothing cooler than a model gliding down the runway with this amazing oversized coat. If you can pull that off..you're something else. But edgy is more my style, I love the biker jackets, at Saint Laurent for instance, or this sleeveless jacket, at Philip Lim. I'm also a huge fan of combining different kind of fabrics, like lace and silk..with a heavier fabric like leather. Leather pencil skirts are a must this Autumn/Winter. Wear it with an oversized fluffy sweater, and a pair of flat boots, or sneakers. Givenchy style! Good to go!


Philip Lim

Haider Ackermann 
Philip Lim

Balmain

Prada


OVERSIZING

Totally bad ass is the look at Michael Kors Autumn/Winter 2013-14 RTW collection. Vivid Colors like electric blue and bright yellow are the stars on the runway..but it's the oversized aspect that adds to the cool factor in my opinion. Again, the oversized coats do not fit me, because I'm too short. But if you're tall and gorgeous..def go for the oversized trend this winter. You have them in all styles and colors..pastel/browns/camel but If I was you...Bright is the way to go!

Michael Kors

Michael Kors

Derek Lam

Prada

Derek Lam



CAMOUFLAGE 

Oh Camo! It's either the coolest thing ever, or the most tricky, because it almost never looks good! That's why I like it when designers give it a little twist..like Michael Kors for example, he did not use the typical colors, and tried to add a certain amount of sophistication to every piece. It's elegant, yet edgy. Also a huge fan of camouflage is Rihanna. She recently launched her AW collection in collaboration with River Island. LOTS of Camo print going on there.. and instead of changing the typical colors, she just gave every piece an edgy look..by using cool fits, and designs. Not that excited about it..but she has a great sense of style..and she looks good in almost everything. I am a fan of the bustier and long leather skirt in camo print...add some camo shoes and the camo bomberjacket..and that is one sick look. (I guess Riri shares the whole -leather pencil skirt is a must this AW- opinion) Take a look at her collection here.


Michael Kors

Michael Kors

Michael Kors


Rihanna in Camo leggings

Rihanna wearing her own collection

Rihanna for River Island

Rihanna for River Island



VIVID 

I'm a huge fan of Black,white and grey clothing. There's something so cool about it. There's no going wrong with that. BUT I love bright colors. In the past bright colors were mainly used for a cool accent in an outfit..now the bright color is the outfit. Which looks amazing! Michael Kors (again) nails it! His oversized masculin fits are powerful. The bright orange, and blue are gorgeous. He also used the orange for a subtle detail in some looks by using coloured shoes. Another surprise was designer Tibi. If I'm totally honest, I've never seen her work before. BUT I think this collection is my favorite this AW. The masculin fit, the use of colors ( that bright green is to die for) it's casual yet elegant, looks fresh, edgy but by using thinner and softer fabrics here and there she keeps the balance between masculin and feminine. And last but not least, Victoria Beckham is more than just the wife of David, she knows her stuff... she used a bright purple on some statement pieces..and I totally fell in love with them. Nice lines, and high quality fabrics.


Michael Kors

Michael Kors

Michael Kors


Tibi

Tibi

Tibi

Victoria Beckham

Victoria Beckham

For a full overview of the AW 2013-14 - runway shows, visit this webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK - OR JUST LEAVE ME A LITTLE NOTE.. RIGHT HERE. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY BLOG. APPRECIATE IT.